Forever Door latch

A home owner from Hobart, Indiana says:

The handle on the door latch on my EMCO Forever Door storm door is broken. The door serial number is 1054390 and the part number is 6890. The mounting screw holes are 1 3/4 apart. The door is discontinued and I have not been able to find a replacement. An exact replacement would be great but not necessary as long as it works. Can you help me?

On your website I found a latch with product code 40-145 but I am not sure if it will work. Any help you can give me will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Ron

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1987.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1988.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1989.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

This old Forever door latch isn't made anymore, to my knowledge. We also don't have an ideal 1:1 replacement handle. 

The best part in our inventory, in my opinion, is the 40-150. This should work on your door but you will have to shim out the 40-150 so that it will latch correctly. The old handle is just a little too tall compared to our part.

How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Quick-Fix! 40-150 Spindle Replacement
SWISCO Quick-Fix! 40-150 Spindle Replacement
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.