Framed shower door gutter and sweep

A quick learner from Richmond va says:
House was built in 99' shower does not have a piano hinge on the verticle. It is a pivot at top and bottom of door in the header and the threshold. Framed door does not have a screw in gutter or sweep. I am assuming this is a double sided tape deal. I cannot see double sided tape.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Before we get to the task at hand, can we see some photos of your shower door? We'd like to see exactly what you're dealing with, so we can make the best recommendation possible.
Mike, I am a contractor. I did not get a picture but I will. Can't believe I forgot that part.
Here are the pics Mike. The gutter plug on the end has a pin on the left square end that fills a channel under the gutter/drip rail.
User submitted photos of a shower door sweep.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm actually not sure what's holding your drip rail to the door. Would it be possible to leave it and try and match up a replacement vinyl sweep that fits your existing rail? Another idea would be to remove the door and take the bottom stile off of the door to see if you can get a look at what is holding the drip rail on. You just have to be careful not to damage the door or the glass. This is just a very peculiar design.
A quick learner from Conyers, Ga says:
Hi, Dave
I have a similar issue but my gutter is screw mounted. It measures about 23.5 inches long. Having the hardest time finding a replacement. Any advice? House built in 2003.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200925_105804.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

We sell the 10-324 drip rail now, which I think will work for you. You will likely have to drill new holes in it to match those in your door, but otherwise I think it will work well. Let me know what you think.

A home owner from Lubbock says:
Hi. Did anyone figure out how to take the original off? I'm looking at the same exact gutter. With screws out, & prying until I'm not comfortable. & it won't budge
A quick learner from NJ says:

Help - have an aluminum framed, plastic shower door where both the top and bottom hinge pins are broken. Installed in 1990 - no label anywhere telling me manufacturer of door. I've tried to search for these but cannot find anything close. I've measured the pin portion and it's 1 cm or about 0.40 inches.

The first picture are the two pins with the mounting bracket for bottom of the frame. The pins are identical but each is broken in a different place. The other shots are to give you an idea how the frame looks as well as the door where the screw holes are already drilled. I'm not against having to mount them through different screw holes if that's what I need to do. Any assistance would be great! Thank you in advance :)

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Shower door bottom.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Shower door top.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Shower frame 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Shower frame 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Shower Pin.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

I am sorry to say that we don't sell the type of hinge you show in these photos. This would definitely be something you have to contact the original manufacturer for, but I unfortunately don't know who that might be.

I would suggest contacting a local professional who has experience with shower doors and who has specifically worked on homes in your area. If you're lucky, one of your neighbors has the same kind of shower and you can be advised accordingly.

SWISCO Shower Drip Rail with Sweep
SWISCO Shower Drip Rail with Sweep
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.