French Door Weatherstripping

A home owner from Williamsburg, VA says:

I bought a house and the 60 inch french door seal needs replacing. The only identification I can find is the PPG glasure mark in the corner of the glass. This is a very heavy thermopane french door with 4 hinges. After talking with neighbors, i think this door was installed around 1990 to 2000.

This door has one fixed panel, and one opening panel door. So the opening side is just under 30 inches. When I installed new door knobs/deadbolt, i noticed that the door core is solid wood, not particle board, press board, etc. Maybe this will help with the year it was made.

The weather strip is about 1 1/4 inch wide.

I need seal for left, top and right side of a 30 inch opening panel.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Mark

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210527_220507.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Mark. This looks a little like our 58-181 Pella Push-in Bulb Seal. Look at the end profile dimensions below and let me know if it matches. 

Profile view of 58-181
Profile view of 58-181
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.