Full Replacement

A landlord from New Jersey says:
I took this out of my window. There is the number "4" printed on the side of each metal strip. I am not sure if I can simply buy a full replacement or I need to buy several of the individual pieces.

Thanks for your HELP!!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named constant force balance picture.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. Your pivot shoe is actually an older version of our 15-180. This uses our Series 190 Coil Springs. For your housing you should be able to use our 15-181 and 15-182. Let me know if you have any further questions!

Julia, Thanks for getting back. I need to replace the whole balance system on each side ... can you help me confirm items? Does each side need (1) 15-180, (1) 15-181, (2) 15-182, (2) S190-740 ?? Is there anything else I need to put a complete system together?
Just something quick on the coil size itself ... there is a stamp on it but unlike others I see on your site from older references, mine only has the number "4" which is stamped in a manner that could be read normally if coil was held up in manner in how it is affixed into window.

THANKS FOR THE HELP.... YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named coil spring number.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

That all sounds correct, except that the 4 likely indicates that you will need to S190-440. If you want to verify that this is correct, you can weigh your window sash. Individually, the S190-440 coil balance can hold 4 pounds. This is added together with the other coils to support the whole weight of the sash. Since you appear to have 4 coil springs, this would amount to a 16 pound window. 

Your comment makes a ton of sense....was wondering if, instead of using two 4s, I could just use one 8, something like ... S190-840 and then use single support clip? Would simplify install for me and save a little complexity and dollars.
Please let me know where to comment on how helpful you have been in assisting me....best customer service I have had in a long long time!!
Profile picture of Casey

Thanks for the kind words! We really appreciate it. We typically don't recommend veering from your original set-up as it's not something that I could guarantee would work. Best of luck with your repair!

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.