A quick learner from Long Beach, CA says:
trying to find replacement handle
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220910_165951900.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220910_170630438.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220910_170647427.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220910_170700339.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! We don't sell this exact handle set, but I believe our 82-020 can work for you as an alternative. it has a 3-15/16" hole center spacing and should be fully compatible with your existing hardware.

We also sell the 82-030, which works the same way and is more or less the same exact part, but with a more updated style.

It's ultimately up to you! Look these products over and see what you think.

Alternate view of 82-020
Alternate view of 82-020

Hole center dimensions for 82-030
Hole center dimensions for 82-030

another problem. this original handle sticks out 2.5 in from the door like the one you proposed. what is the lowest profile handle that you have that sticks out the least from the door surface?. We also need the left and right sides of the door as it opens in the middle and slides on both sides. Something that protrudes out from the door surface less than 1.5 inches would be ideal
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220913_194901177.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220913_194925630.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220913_194934783.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

The lowest profile door handle we sell on the interior side would be the 82-030, though it still sticks out by 1-13/16". I don't believe we have anything less than 1-1/2", unfortunately.

We also don't sell dummy handles, but the 82-030 can easily be flipped to work on either a left or right hand side door. You would just discard the thumb lever for the side that doesn't have a mortise.

Ok so I have to order two 82-030's one for each side of the door inside and out and left and right. Also which lock (part no) do you think will work and which keeper or catch (part no) that the lock hooks into will work best with the holes we already have in the door? We dont need a key lock but I see that is avail. Also is there some part that fills the latch hole on the side that does not get the lock lever? ins that included. finally how fast can I get these parts with clack handles? thanks
Profile picture of Tom

Let me go over each of your questions one at a time, since you have quite a few.

• Your original mortise lock appears to match our 82-227. As for the keeper, it would either be the 89-021D or 89-020, depending on depth. You did not mention what the measurements for your parts were so I cannot confirm that these are the best fit but you can use the dimensions we show on each store page to confirm. 
  • The key lock would be our 82-310. This is fully compatible with both the 82-030 handle set and 82-227 mortise.
  • There is no part that fills the gap under the 82-030 where the thumb lever goes. Please understand that the 82-030 is not really designed to act as a dummy handle. While it can fill that role due to how its designed, it won't be perfect and you will have that gap there regardless.
  • We offer several different delivery options. You can select what method works best for you during the checkout process.

Please let me know if you had any other questions.

I have not removed the lock side handle but my measurement shows that it is 1.5 inches from the screw securing the inside handle to the lock side to the edge of the door (see pic) so that should be a rough approximation of its depth. the keeper side was easier to measure. it was about a 0.5 inches total depth
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220914_154509498.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Neither the 89-021D nor the 89-020 are 1/2" deep. You will need to get a precise measurement and then refer to our dimensions to verify a match.

I also recommend that you do the same with the mortise. You don't want to guess when it comes to this kind of hardware. Better to remove the hardware once now so that you don't have to remove them multiple times later because you bought the wrong parts.

Once you've confirmed that our dimensions match, you can place an order directly on our site at your convenience.

Alternate image for 82-227
Alternate image for 82-227

Opposite side view 82-218
Opposite side view 82-218

Alternate image for 89-020
Alternate image for 89-020

Alternate image for 89-021D
Alternate image for 89-021D

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to install the 82-030 Handle Set
How to install the 82-030 Handle Set
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.