Garden window mechanisms

A home owner from 60031 says:

I am looking for 2 of each of the following: garden window open/close crank and the locking mechanism.

Mine look different than the ones shown on this sight but the works of the mechanisms are the same (perhaps an older model). Your videos on the replacement procedure and troubleshooting when a piece is broken have been very helpful. I can unlock the window using the screwdriver but since the crank to open it is also broken, I would not be able to open it to replace the lock.

Would I need to take of the window or is there a bypass trick?

Can you please help me to buy the appropriate pieces for replacement?

Carmela 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Lock latch.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Lock mech.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named open close mech.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Carmela.

Thank you for your patience during our busy season. You'll need to get that window opened to see what type of operator and lock you need to repair it. The lock might be either the 38-138 or the 38-139 with the longer "fork", but you'll need to carefully compare our dimensions to yours to see which one matches best. As for the operator, I'm not sure if your window is an awning type, which would use the 39-393, or if it's one of the casement operators listed on this page. Take a look at the items I've mentioned, along with the parts that we've related for you on this page and see if they match your original hardware. 

How to Replace a Multi-Point Lock on a Casement Window [1080p]
How to Replace a Multi-Point Lock on a Casement Window [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.