Getting 82-020 and 82-227 to work together

A home owner from LAKE IN THE HILLS says:
I've received the items I ordered, but am having a hard time figuring out how they go together. The latch has the black lever handle and the black round thing that goes into the plastic part that's on the back of the handle, but the part that I think that goes into the brass lock area has a black plastic tip on the metal. I've tried to remove it but it won't budge. What am I doing wrong?
Do you have a better instruction sheet?

Please help.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
What I think your are referring to is the cap the manufacturer puts on the end of the lever. The reason they put that on there is to protect the latch from being damaged when shipped. You should be able to remove the cap with a set of pliers.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)