Getting new glass for my window--would the glazing change?

A handy person from Dallas Texas says:
Hello, I think this is the product that is what I have taken off of my old windows: 6' CAPITOL SNAP-IN
Product Code: 55-006-6

My question is about if I would like to change my windows from single to double pane, is there a different bead that would accommodate that? Or is that even possible if the aluminum window was originally using single pane?

by the way, I have included a picture of my original stuff.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0134.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting! This is a very good question. I actually don't know it myself, but I'll forward it to my colleagues Paul and Dave. they have more practical experience than I do for this kind of project. We hope to have an answer for you soon.

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Perhaps I can be of assistance. When you you say double pane, do you mean double strength glass (1/8" thick)? If so, you can still use the 55-006. If you mean insulated glass (1/2" thick) then use 55-030 snap-in.

Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
GUIDE
READ >
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.