Getty casement operator

A home owner from Tenants Harbor, ME says:
I have some old Getty casement operators that look like your #'s 3920 (R) and 3921 (L). The measurement from the slot on the gear screw to the end of the control arm is 9 1/4" to the end and 9" to the post (see photo), and the operator track measures the same as your #39-520 (13 1/2"). Can you confirm the part numbers? I need 2 Rights and 2 Lefts, complete with crank handle. Thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Getty part w. marking.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

The closest match to this older operator I believe is indeed the 39-020 and 39-021. I can't be totally certain it will work for you, but it's our best bet. Let me know if you have any other questions.

If the dimensions are as in the photo I sent (9" from crank gear screw to flange post) I think it's a go. The only deal breaker would be if somehow the crank pivot point slides away from the jamb as the window opens (a newer feature for ease of cleaning), but I think you'd need a second control arm to accomplish that. They all go from 0 to 90 degress, right?
As long as purchases are returnable if they don't fit, I'll spend the extra $$ and buy sets to include all 3 pcs. (track, operator, handle) & use whatever is needed. Thanks!
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

What you are referring to is the new style wood and vinyl casement windows that "pull out " from the hinge for easy cleaning from the inside of the house. The suggested operators are the older style used mostly in the steel type casement windows and some of the wooden windows. These type of operators are made just to open outward with no pulling away from the hinge side.

I ordered 3 sets of 39-020 and 39-021 along with handles and tracks. I plan to use only what I need to replace for proper function, then return the rest. That way if there's a mismatch between parts I'll be covered.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Thank you very much for your order. Please let me know if you needed anything else.

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a wood casement window crank
How to install a wood casement window crank
GUIDE
READ >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.