Getty of Philadelphia Window Cranks

A home owner from Montclair, New Jersey says:

I am looking for brass window cranks for a home built in 1930 with a large number of leaded glass windows which I believe were by Getty of Philadelphia. Attached are pictures. The base of the crank is around 6/16 or 7/17 wide. Some of the groves are worn a bit thin so it will vary.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

This is an extraordinarily old handle. I doubt you'll find anything like it on the market. We may be able to find a replacement, though, since based on your description it sounds like it uses a basic spline hole design that other operator handles use to this day. Can you just tell me the diameter of the spline hole? That will help us find the best replacement, if one is even still around.

A home owner from Montclair, New Jersey says:
1 centimeter
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

So, 1 centimeter is a little over 3/8", which is kind of a peculiar spline size. We don't have any handles with a hole in that size. 

My colleague Dave thinks that you have the old 39-045 and 39-044 Getty operators. These arms are not sold separately, I'm afraid, so the only option we may be able to provide is replacing the whole operator mechanism. Look these over and see if these match what you have now. You may also need a new 39-504 track.

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.