Ghostly channel balances

A quick learner from Southern California says:
Hi,
We recently bought a home. We have two windows in our bedroom that do not stay up at all. These are the only two that open upward. The window is very loose in the track and it does look like I need channel balances. Just how to find the correct ones is the question
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
We'd like to help you with this project. It does in fact sound like your channel balances need to be replaced. You're more than welcome to submit photos of the entire balance (preferably removed from the window) along with the submission of measurements of the balance. If you should also happen to see any stampings/markings located on the balance, please be sure to let us know that information as well.
A quick learner from Southern California says:
I am sorry. I missed adding that there are no balances currently are no channel balances installed. It seems the previous owner removed them but did not replace them.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
To get started, we need to see the windows. Can you send a photo? As for the windows that do operate, if they are the same type, then let us see the balances from the functional windows. If they're not the same type of window, then nevermind; we will have to work around it. See if you can get some more photos, then come back to us.
A quick learner from Apple valley ca says:
I am sorry these are the only two windows in our house that open vertically. They both are missing both balances. Attached are some measurements
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for the additional photos. We need for you to remove the sash and show us the nylon top sash guide. Next, let us know the visible glass height of the sash and its weight. From there, we will be able to suggest a replacement balance for you.
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify a replacement channel balance
How to identify a replacement channel balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.