Glass Patio Door Replacement Roller

A handy person from Chicago, IL says:
I have a 40 year old house with sliding patio doors. I am trying to find replacement rollers (pictures attached). The roller casing is 3 inches long, 1/2 inch wide and the roller is 1 1/8 dia.

The doors do not indicate the manufacturer.

Thank you in advance for your help.
User submitted photos of their sliding patio door roller.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
The closest roller we have is our 81-002. Take a look at the roller and see what you think. One big difference that might be a deal breaker is that the thickness of the 81-002 may be too large at 11/16"

You may have to consider replacing just the wheel and reusing your roller's housing.
Dave,

Thank you for your reply. The housing on the roller I need to replace (not pictured) is broken so a new wheel is not an option. The 1/2 inch width is already a tight fit so to your point the 11/16 would likely be too large.

I will keep on looking and hope others may have ideas.

Happy Holidays!
Dave H.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Can you send us a picture of the housing? We may not of recognized your roller without the housing.
Mike,

Would you like to see a picture of the strip along the bottom of the door that the two rollers fit into? Otherwise the broken roller refered to above is the same as the picture above. The right side that holds the wheel in place broke off.

Dave H
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Oh, I understand now. I was hoping there was another piece to this roller that might help us recognize a replacement. Unfortunately I do not think we have a replacement for this old sliding door roller. If we come across this roller in the future I will let you know.
A handy person from Canada says:
I have the exact same sliding patio door. The roller assemblies are located in an aluminum channel and held in place by lips going into those cutouts on either side. There is a long adjusting screw for each that goes into a captive nut at the end and is crimped so it can't be completely unscrewed. Tightening the screw pulls the assembly so those ramps push the wheels down. Mine aren't broken (yet) but the wheel holders were bulged and the lips bent. I squeezed everything back in shape as best I could so I can still slide the door without dragging on the wheel holders. Mine are worn more than the middle picture above. If the OP's door is in good shape, he could maybe try adapting some other roller assemblies. In my case, the door is quite weathered and there's condensation between the glass, so I'll be looking to replace it within a year.
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.