Glazing # 55-301

A quick learner from Kentucky says:
I have Anderson casement windows 5/8 thick and glazing #55-301 looks almost identical to what I have.

I'm going to do all my windows that are casement and would need 22 pieces at 68".

however I want to confirm this works before ordering all 22 pieces.

What do you suggest? I do have one 20-3/4" x 37" window that I could try with just 2 full length pieces as a test.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Well, the 55-301 is for Andersen windows and is 5/8", however I can't confirm what you have just by knowing that. You mention that it's almost identical. In what ways does it differ? Could you show me a picture of yours from the same angle we show ours?
Cut a piece with chop saw.
User submitted photos of a glazing bead.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I believe yours is an older version of the 55-301, but it may still work as a replacement. Also, I would not replace the glazing bead on your sashes unless they are bad or worn. No reason to do more work then you have to. As for cutting the beading, I use a heavy shears or a type of Wiss cutter to trim the glazing bead. Even a hack saw or a fine tooth saw and a miter box could work. The RPM's on the saw could be too fast to cut the beading without breaking it.
Well here are a couple of points:
I am changing the color from Tara to White on all the windows.

I found if I take it slow with the miter saw it cut the old glazing very well

I ordered two test pieces to play with and if things go well I will post results if that helps people out

Thanks, Dave.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.