Glazing Strips for Unknown Window Brand

Home Owner from St. Louis
Sep 27, 2023 4:05 pm
I purchased a house with relatively new vinyl windows installed in the basement. I cannot find any manufacture markings anywhere on any of ghe window parts. I've searched local St. Louis window suppliers and hardware stores for these glazing strips but with no luck. Attached are a couple of pictures and a sketch of the strip. I think it resembles a Swisco 55-204, but mine has a flat area parallel with the surface of the glass and mine is a little larger in both width and depth. I have 4 windows total, but only need 3 long pieces for the horizontal glazing and 2 short pieces for the vertical glazing. If you have any like this, please let me know. And if you think the 55-204 will fit/work, I can install the glazing on windows in opposite walls so it will not be noticeable that the glazing is different. Thanks!
X strip profile pic X profile sketch X outside closeup
3 user uploaded images
1 Replies
Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO
Sep 29, 2023 8:38 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello,

Unforutnately, the 55-204 glazing bead does not snap into the channel like the one that you need. With that being said, take a look at the 55-164, 55-306, and 55-197. They are not as wide as yours but are installed in a similar way. Review the specifications shown on our product pages to see if you could use one of these for your repair. Thanks for posting.  

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts