Glazing spring for steel windows

A handy person from Sturgis ky says:

These are 1 1/4 " on longest side 1" on the short side recently bought 57-102 from you they are not fitting properly seem to measure a little short on the long side

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for contacting us. I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the 57-102 spring. I'm not sure if we have one in your size, but we'll do our best to look into it. Please bear with us a little longer.

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

The 57-102 glazing spring you purchased is the most common steel window glazing spring available. I think this should work for you. The length of the legs don't really matter. 

Maybe I can help walk you through how to install it. When glazing a steel sash, you first lay down a bead of caulk or putty on the edge of the frame, then cut the glass a little short to give some space between the frame and glass so you can have the leg of the glazing spring press against the frame. Place the one end of the clip leg into the hole on the side of the steel sash and have the other clip leg press against the glass to hold it in place. Now putty up the glass. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.