Grant drawer guides

A home owner from USA says:
All the drawers and roll-out shelves in my kitchen base cabn'ts are mounted on Grant drawer guides-(3/4" extension). Date of purchase of the pre-assembled cabn't units is 1967. The nylon roller on one of the guides broke today (11/25/2013) and all the ball-bearings fell out.

The axle of the roller seems to be press-fit into the track, therefore I probably need to replace the entire extension guide if possible. The track is stamped--GRANT #336 C.L. -this is on left side of drawer. The other side of the drawer hdwr is GRANT # 336 C.R.

I can't seem to find any thing about Grant Cabn't Hardware on the internet- I suppose they're gone or have been absorbed by another firm.

Any comments or help is appreciated. ..Ron
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Ron. I'm not sure what you have. Could I see a few pictures of the hardware in question? That will give us a better idea of what you can use as a replacement.
A handy person from West Caldwell, NJ says:
I successfully replaced a friend's broken nylon roller on a Grant 336 slide with a Swisco 7/8" Flat Shower Door Wheel 10-109. I drilled out the riveted mounting post for the broken wheel and mounted the Swisco 10-109 using a 8-32 x 3/8" Phillips screw. The nut on the Swisco 10-109 had to be ground down about 3 mm to provide clearance to the mating slide.
A quick learner from Greece, NY says:
I saw the post above saying "I successfully replaced a friend's broken nylon roller on a Grant 336 slide with a Swisco 7/8" Flat Shower Door Wheel 10-109 . I drilled out the riveted mounting post for the broken wheel and mounted the Swisco 10-109 using a 8-32 x 3/8" Phillips screw. The nut on the Swisco 10-109 had to be ground down about 3 mm to provide clearance to the mating slide.
So I did what he said and it worked great! I ground the Swisco down only about 2mm. Thanks for the suggestion.
A home owner from Maryland says:
I also have some Grant kitchen cabinet slides with bad rollers and these 10-109 are the ticket! I had to grind the nut down to about half of the original height for clearance and attached it with an 8-32 screw and it works just as well as the original.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.