Guide for window latch bar.

A handy person from Rochester, Minn says:
The plastic bracket holds the bar that connects the two latches to the control lever on tall casement windows( vinyl, thermal pane ).
I can't Find a name anywhere.
The brackets are breaking causing the latch to be useless. The windows now don't seal, which is important in Minnesota.
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello there!

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm afraid I don't know what exact brackets you're looking for. May we see some photos of them? 

I'll try sending two pics. Not sure if it will work. I have poor internet service.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 848A2FE1-E3D7-4D07-AA0D-FECC97D9E343.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named FDCEAE84-0EC3-4924-A871-5BC55453ACA2.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily

Thanks for the photos! This part is called a tie bar guide. I don't believe yours is made anymore but our 39-448 is similar and should work as a replacement. Take a look and see what you think. 

The pn 39?448 works if I grind 1/6" off the side opposite the area that wraps around the tie bar. I can even use the original holes in the window frame. Look
Profile picture of Emily

That's great! I'm glad to hear the repair went well. If you have any future hardware questions you know where to find us! 

SWISCO 39-417 Tie Bar Guide
SWISCO 39-417 Tie Bar Guide
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing tie bar guides
Replacing tie bar guides
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.