Guide pin

A handy person from PA says:
I have the same windows Polytex DH 3000. Need help finding the aluminum guide pin located in the bottom of the top windown.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2191.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The guide pin in question is what we call a pivot bar. We should be able to supply this, as we have a huge variety of pivot bars, but I will need you to remove this from the window and show me a photo of it by itself. If possible, I'd also like its dimensions, especially the hole placement (if applicable). Thanks!

Thanks for your prompt reply. I will try to remove the pivot bar from the other side, and send a photo this weekend.

Thanks for your help.

Scott
Profile picture of Tom

Great, thanks! We're here at your convenience, Scott.

Photos won't seem to upload, is there a size limit ?

The tilt bar is 2-1/2 long with a hole at 1-3/8 from one end, 5/16 wide and 3/16 tall.

I believe it is your part number 26-083.

Scott
Profile picture of Tom

There is a size limit, yes. If the photos are too big then they could potentially be too much for our site to handle. Reducing the size of the photos may do it.

The 26-083 is a possibility, based on what you describe. 

Trying on iPhone
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2381DD33-60DB-4F40-9D09-BF36FA5D6C05.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A25F9E86-E560-4125-8599-CE0DC9E9AE71.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Yep, looks about right in terms of style. If your dimensions above are accurate than our 26-083 is our best option.

Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.