Guide pins

A quick learner from America! says:
I need about 6 of these guide pins so I want to make sure I get it right. Can you help identify the correct pin? As you can see from one of the photos, the current pins (or the broken pins) were 4 1/2 inches long. These are metal doors, fairly old in my estimation. I'm sorry that some of the photos are uploading sideways, hopefully you can see them right-side-up after download.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8058.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8057.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8056.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8055.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8052.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

The length is not vital when identifying a bi-fold door pin but knowing the thickness of the pin and getting a better look at the nylon cap, along with its diameter, will give us a much better idea of what could work for you. Also, we'd like to see the threaded adjusting pin and the pivot block in the track to determine which of our replacement parts would be compatible with your hardware. Thank you!

A quick learner from America says:
Thanks, Paul. The pin is 6mm in diameter. The part of the nylon cap that sits in the track is 1cm in diameter, the wider brim that holds the spring back is 1.5cm. The track that the cap slides on is 1.2cm wide. I hope this helps, I'm not super familiar with all of the terms but please let me know if there is other information that I can provide to you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7C94D48E-CA03-478D-A51A-AEA9F757D6E0.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C75537A8-6E25-4183-9D69-EAAD6DC16F36.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 49AA1389-AB8D-4124-9149-17C2131D741E.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 519BF5F9-0A27-4367-B2BF-65E77FFC60FE.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for including the additional information. If the pins are okay and you need just the nylon caps, take a look at our 21-117 pin cap. They are used with a 5/16" pin. We also have the pin with the spring; see our 21-071 pin and the 5/16" 21-152 grommet.

Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.