Guide removal

A home owner from Landenberg, PA says:
Just found this post on your website under https://www.swisco.com/discussions/Replacement-track-guide-77-232960

"Your photos resemble the 23-130 guide. You should be able to pinch the grooves in the center of the guide together to release it from the track. The new guide should snap into place relatively easily. Thanks for posting!"

This looks exactly like the one that broke on my bedroom closet bi-fold doors & my house was built in 1975. So far I have not been able to find any numbers on hardware, but the picture is exactly like mine looks. You said all you had to do was pinch the new one and it should pop into the track.

How hard is it to pinch to pop into place? I am a 82 year old woman and handy fixing things. Would I need pliers to do the pinching or can it be done by hand. I can always ask my stong young neighbor to put it in for me. Replacing it sure beats replacing the entire track.

Theresa Silver
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey there, Theresa, thanks for reaching out to us. I personally don't find the 23-130 to be that difficult to snap in, but it does take some finger strength. I would definitely recommend against using pliers in general, though, just because you risk breaking the plastic.

Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.