H-R30 48x80 series 40-17 P.L.# 063-038 Code: Sim 2 Balance Assembly

A home owner from Degraff, Ohio says:
Looking to identify what parts these are to order replacements. No stamping on the plastic cover but coil spring shows a stamp of 407. Looking for the entire assembly.

7/8"W x 1 1/4"D x 3 1/8"H.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210312_111652.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210312_111703.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210312_111641.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Looks like you might just need a new pivot shoe. If so, see our 15-192. If you also need the springs then I recommend the Series 170 and Series 171. The video below will show you how these parts work together.

Thank you, those are exactly what I needed
Are there different size wheels that fit inside the coils? I tried to use the old ones and they are too big to fit inside the new coils. The old is about 7/8" but the opening of the new coil is only 3/4". Unfortunately there is too much resistance in the coil to try and pull it all the way open and wrap around it.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210326_181226.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

There aren't different sized wheels to my knowledge, but that is evidently the case. You must have a version I'm not familiar with, perhaps an older type used by another window manufacturer.

You could always replace the whole setup with the hardware we showed in that video I posted above. The covers and drums we sell are the 15-156 and 15-157, respectively. Each of these work with one spring.

Thank you Tom, I went ahead and ordered these parts.
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.