HELP Need replacement pivot lock shoe

A home owner from Fort Wayne Indiana says:
Hi, I have a broken pivot lock shoe on a window. I have no idea the manufacturer of the window. The house was built in 1998. This is an original window. It has a metal spiral balance. Is there anyway you could assist me in figuring out what I can use to replace this broken piece so that my window can be functional once again I am attached pictures of the one that is not broken and two pictures of the one that is broken. Any advice direction or recommendation on parts would be very helpful because if I can get the parts then I can go on a treasure hunt to find somebody to come to my home and replace the broken pivot lock shoe. I sure would appreciate your help with this. Thanks in advance. Look forward to hearing from you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9063.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9064.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9065.jpeg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out! Your pivot shoe looks a lot like our 15-188 1/2" thick, blue break pivot lock shoe. Carefully review the dimensions below and compare them to your existing lock to confirm that this is the right fit.

Alternate image for 15-188
Alternate image for 15-188

For instructions on how to remove/install these pivot shoes, take a look at the videos below. There are two different methods you can use to remove and install them.

Thank you, Jasmine, I believe the peg on the window is approximately 3/8 inch diameter- maybe bigger. There are no dimensions above showing the size of the gap in the backwards "C" that must hold the peg. What is the diameter of the opening? I purchased one already that was too small for the actual window so I need to have more information then you have a provided so far thanks in advance for your help.

By the peg in the window, I believe you may be referring to the pivot bar. This shoe is typically compatible with pivot bars like part 26-226, 26-316, or 26-352; which all have a measurement of 3/16" at the end of the pin.

May I please see a photo of your existing pivot bar, removed from the bottom of the sash? There may be a chance that you need to change the pivot bar in the window as well.

This window is not in pieces so nothing has been removed. Where is the pivot bar located.? I don't know what you mean by sash. Is it in the window that tilts for cleaning? Is it what holds the metal piece that fits in the 3/16" is less than 1/4"which is 2/8" my metal peg is at least 3/8"
Is it not possible to tell me the width of the gap in the C piece? That is what im asking will that part fit a 3/8" diameter metal piece?

I am waiting on a confirmation for the measurement. In the meantime, yes the entire frame, the upper and lower portion, would all be considered the window. The sash is the movable portion that can, sometimes, be tilted in and out, like your sash does.

As confirmed, the pivot shoes are compatible with a pivot bar that has an end measuring 3/16" (see the diagram below). So, the opening on this pivot shoe would likely be too small, like the previous shoes you've purchased. This is the reason, I am suggesting that you may need to use a new pivot bar. If this shoe does not match your exact specifications, it may be very likely that your exact shoe may no longer be made.

If it has not been removed from the window, you'll need to remove it so that we can recommend the best possible solution.

Alternate view of 26-352
Alternate view of 26-352

A home owner from Cincinnati, OH says:
Was this ever figured out? This looks to be the same as my shoes, which are for some reason all breaking now. I'd like to see a replacement shoe or another way to repair this. Are pivot bars interchangeable?

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to say that the customer has not responded to this inquiry. If you are unsure if the shoe above is the correct replacement, I'll need to see your shoe as well as the compatible pivot bar to confirm the right fit.

Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.