Handle

A home owner from USA says:
Unfortunately the colors are way off (39-102), but more dire is that the leverage provided by the handle is just not enough to open these heavy windows.

I was wondering if you could provide an option such as the one pictured? I found this on one window! It swivels, and by doing so avoids the frame. It is 11/32 also. Not sure how to measure this odd shape but it similar in size to the one it is replacing that you sent a photo of.

I would be using it on the pic below. My end that you are showing is 15/16 is closer to .625 or .6. Also it can't be too long, this one best I can measure is about 4". A little shorter in the 3.5" range should work good too. Let me know what you think.
Thanks,
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Aaron Handle1.PNG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Aaron Handle2.PNG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Aaron Handle2.PNG
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Our 39-205 is a folding type handle and it should be compatible with your original operator. This handle is available bronze, dark bronze, clay, and may other colors. Take a look and see what you think.

Unfortunately that didn't work. It doesn't fold enough to get past the shutter frame. Do you have one that is the same as the picture I sent?

Would just the handle from this one work even if I had to order the whole thing? 39-376

I'm sorry to hear that the hardware did not work out for you. Also, I'm not sure that the 39-376 is going to clear the space where your handle and cover are, however, it might be worth a try.

Since it appears the cover itself is not removable, it is likely you'll need to replace the entire operator. If you would prefer to go this route, I'll need to see a photo of the entire operator to determine if we can offer a proper replacement.

Since I need 26 of these that probably isn't viable for me unfortunately price wise.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the cover itself isn't removable." Are you saying that the handle and cover are all one piece?

What about the first picture I sent? Any idea how to find a handle like that?

Previously, the covers on the body of the operators were not removable on many of the older styles, only the crank handles could be removed. Which would likely be the case for you. Once you've determined if your covers can be removed or not, then you can determine what the best course of action is.

The 39-375 and 39-376 are crank handle and cover sets. The covers from these sets would not be able to be installed over top of your existing cover if you cannot remove it from the body of your casement operator. Which means these parts would not work for you.

The only other option would be the 39-102 since you have confirmed that the 39-205 will not work. We do not have any other folding handles that would be compatible with your operator, unfortunately.

I hope this helps!

Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.