Casement Window Lock Handle Won't Stay In Place

A contractor from Westerly RI says:
Good Morning, My name is Paul Baker of V&M Construction Inc. of Westerly RI. We had installed some casement windows sold by Little Harbor window company from Maine. One of the lock handles will not stay in place as in it doesnt seem to connect to anything when pushed into the unit. I cannot tell if the unit is locked or not but I do believe it is locked. If more pictures are needed please let me know and will get more. The handle is horseshoe shaped and made of brass.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Truth Mirage multi-point lock.jpg
Good Afternoon, the picture below shows the piece that is broke which I believe is called the Backplate link assembly which recieves the handle which looks like a tuning fork
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Truth Mirage view from exterior.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. It's very difficult to make out what you have while it's still installed, but it looks like it may function similarly to our 38-205. Could this be what you have? If not, would it be possible to see the lock removed from the window so that we can get a better look at it?

Dimensions for 38-205
Dimensions for 38-205
I do believe that you are correct. The measurements on the back plate assembly match what I have. Please look at the photos below of the removed backplate assembly. You can see that the plastic piece on the end of the unit has broken therefore not allowing the handle to be able to engage the rest of the locking system. Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Back plate assembly with handle.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Back plate assembly.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks! That really does look like our 38-205. The only thing I'm not sure about is whether the face plate/escutcheon is a match. Either way, this product does appear to be our best option for you.

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.