Handle Set (Bronze) with slide lock (similar or is the 82-002) Stamped Nitelock

A quick learner from The Villages says:

On the outside handle of my lanai, the plug inserted in the handle set is missing. Looks like it was removed. Two questions:

1. If someone pried out that plug on the outside, can they open the night lock from the outside easily?
  2. Is there a replacement for that plug or do I have to purchase a complete door handle assembly.

The handle looks to be black versus bronze in the sunlight.

Distance between mounting holes is same size as similar quoted above.Thanks

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named handle with plug missing.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named handle with plug missing 2.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

That plug is something you punch out, so once it's gone there's no repairing it. It's made that way so that customers can install a key lock if necessary. That means that it can be opened from the outside, if someone were so inclined.

I think you might want a new handle set. Our 82-008 may be what you want, though I recommend looking over our pictures just to be sure.

How to replace a sliding glass door handle set
How to replace a sliding glass door handle set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.