Handle & Lock for Jalousie Front Door

A handy person from Franklin, Ohio says:
Recently this jalousie door handle / lock broke after 37 years. I was pulling the inside lever in, as usual, and getting ready to slide the locking bar into position, when the inside lever pulled all the way off. I was able to get it back together enough to get it to 'kind of' work. I can get it to awkwardly close / lock by pulling the lever up and in. However, I don't know how long this will work. I see there is a piece of what I call spring metal as part of the inside mechanism. It is at the bottom of image 3881 for the purposes of the photos. When putting it back together, I have put the piece of spring metal around the square shaft. I am hoping someone at your location will be familiar with this type of mechanism and will be able to tell me if it can be repaired or of a replacement. Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3875.JPEG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3877.JPEG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3881.JPEG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3874.JPEG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. I'm afraid we don't carry the specific component you're pointing out; you may be better off replacing the entire handle set. This is a Cole Sewell handle set that is no longer made, but you can consider either our 40-130 or 40-131, or maybe even our 40-152. Look these over and let me know what you think.

How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Quick-Fix! 40-150 Spindle Replacement
SWISCO Quick-Fix! 40-150 Spindle Replacement
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.