Handle is Cracked

A home owner from Elk Grove Village, IL says:
Hello!
The inside handle of our sliding door cracked apart. Until now. The door handle and lock mechanism worked fine, until today.

Centex Builders built this house in the Winston Grove Subdivision of Elk Grove Village, IL in 1979. Thought the history might help.

Please let me know if there is a replacement handle available. Would I need to replace the lock mechanism and/or the exterior handle, Attaching photos.

Looking forward to your response. Thanks so much!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screenshot_20220317-185620_Gallery.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screenshot_20220317-185635_Gallery.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screenshot_20220317-185452_Gallery.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screenshot_20220317-185629_Gallery.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! I think our best option would be the 82-055 Acorn sliding door handle set. This looks like a more modern version of your original set. My only recommendation is to make sure that your hole center spacing is the same at 3-1/2". Also note that the 82-055 can only work on doors that are 1-1/2" thick.

A home owner from Elk Grove Village, IL says:

My door measures 1" thick. I think I could use the current lock with the new handle. The scre spacing is about the same. I'm going to order the new handle. Thanks for your help!

Sandra

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.