Handle...or more...replacement?

A home owner from CT says:
The handles for these windows are loose. The windows still work and can be opened using the crank handle but the handles themselves are just sitting in the opening without locking in. Can I replace the handles themselves or do I need to replace the entire thing? And are they universal?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window4.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window1.jpg
The number on the inside of the handle reads: opo5-7810
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I'd recommend removing the handle to determine if the damage is to the handle or the worm gear that it is installed on. If it's just the handle, take a look at our 39-205 with an 11/32" opening. 

If the worm gear is damaged, you'll need to replace the entire operator. If that's the case, we'll need to see a clear image of the arms that move the window sash. Thank you!

Thank you. I've attached a few additional pictures, hopefully this helps. I definitely don't think it's the actual handle as it doesn't fit in there at all. It just sits in the opening but doesn't snap into place. I'm assuming the entire operator needs to be replaced...just don't know what I'm supposed to get.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window handle5.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window handle4.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window handle2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window handle1.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Your hardware actually isn't made anymore. The manufacturer replaced it with the modern style 39-330 and 39-329. You'll also need a new 39-205 handle to go with it. They basically changed it so that the operator is male and the handle is female. I'm not sure why they made that change, but here we are.

Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.