Hardware broke on my slider handle

A home owner from Windsor, ca says:

Hi,

My slider handle hardware broke recently. I have looked everywhere for a replacement and none seem to fit. I found out by the contractor that the sliding door is made by Milgaard. I'm hoping if I send you the photos of the space, someone can help me identify the replacement handle I will need. Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you in advance! Jessica

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A917566F-B920-43D1-B8E9-AAB67A0389CC.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 86BEABE9-0FCD-4069-9B42-06D7526079E8.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C1C60267-C576-4347-9063-D65AAA619E5E.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I can't give you a confirmed replacement without an original handle to use as a reference, but a safe bet may be our 82-030. This has a 3-15/16" hole center spacing and it should be compatible with the mortise you have installed now. That's all I can tell you, though. Anything you buy will ultimately be a gamble.

i have the original broken handle that I can send to you or send you a photo of - would that help. Unless you are pretty confident that I can order the handle you recommended 82-230? If I do order, and it doesn't work, can I get a full refund? Thank you!
Jessica
Profile picture of Tom

A picture of your original handle would be a huge help. That should really be the first thing we see. I'm not 100% sure the 82-030 can work, it's just my best guess, so seeing the original will allow me to be more confident in my recommendation.

You can see our return policy here.

Here is a picture of the original broken handle. Hopefully this helps you in determining which handle is the right one for me to purchase.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you!

Jessica 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 8A437A33-282C-492F-8C21-9EA619C2D2B4.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 9CEBA554-D785-46D5-AE3E-ABB4732B79FA.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks, Jessica. This is exactly what we needed to see. Looking at the design of your original handle, I feel more confident with my original recommendation: I think the 82-030 is a great match for your door and I think it will work well as a replacement.

How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to install the 82-030 Handle Set
How to install the 82-030 Handle Set
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.