Having trouble getting good seal for 10-332

A home owner from Sykesville MD says:
not sure if this is user error or maybe I need another product

I installed the below product and am not getting a good seal. I matched what the previous home owners installed on their door....i thought i leaked because it was badly worn. upon closer inspection, the door swings OUT and pulls the water with it. the tile has grout that the new sweep doesn't seal (i though the new one might form a better seal?)

the door is 28 3/8" long and is 3/8" thick.

I did cut the product to size (door wouldn't close unless I did that. I noticed that when I put the new sweep on, there was a sizeable gap under the door...it also was not sliding under the vertical seal on the wall side of the shower door.

when I pushed down on the sweep, it still hugged the door, somewhat closed the gap, and slid under the vertical member

I am thinking about putting clear caulk or silicone in the grout on the outside of the door.

I also noticed that the original seal had caulk on the upper border(on the inside of the shower door)
User submitted photos of shower door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us. I'm not sure if there is a solution to the water problem. Looking at your photos, it seems like the water can lay on the inside of the base. The water lays there and then, when you open the door, it pulls the water out of the shower. Check with the installer of the door see if they have come across the problem before.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.