Heavy Duty door closer

A home owner from USA says:
Dear Swisco,

Attached are pictures of my storm door closer that is no longer working and has to be replaced with a heavy duty door closer. This door closer which has been discontinued was commonly referred to as a Shelby 666. My metal storm door is two inches thick with jealousy windows and a screen. The storm door itself, outside of needing painting, is in great condition.

Please recommend one of your heavy duty door closers that will replace my existing heavy duty door closer. Please don't hesitate to ask if you need any additional information. Looking forward to your response.
User submitted photos of storm door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Take a look at our 40-015 heavy duty storm closer. That has a "torsion" bar attached to the air cylinder to help close the door. This closer is normally used on the steel security storm doors.

Also, before you replace yours, try lubricating your closer piston arm. That could help without needing to replace anything.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.