Height and number stamped on channel balance

A quick learner from Baltimore, MD says:
Hello,
The height of metal piece of my balance is 24 7/16". Should I get a 24" high balance?
Also, the stamp on the balance reads 2420. What option is equivalent to 2420?

Sam
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Are you sure you have the S390-24? It's possible you have a special kind of balance. To confirm, I'd like to see a picture of the two nylon attachments at either end of the balance and of the metal clip. I'd also like to know how many you need.
Please see attachments for pictures.
Sam
Channel Balance
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks! That is not the special balance I thought of, originally. The Series 390 definitely looks like a close match, assuming the shoe is the same size as our 15-001.

I wonder if the original installers cut your balance down upon installation. We can custom make a balance with a 24-1/2" length. I would double check the exact length of the metal channel to be sure this could work. If so, let me know how many you need and we will email you a custom balance order link and price quote.
The exact length of the metal is 24 3/8".
The shoe size is not quite 15-001. Please see the discussion I initiated at
https://www.swisco.com/discussions/Correct-shoe-for-window-balance-77-100187

Can you let me know the order? I will need 8 balances.

I have
Profile picture of Tom
The closest balance we can make to that size is a 24-1/2" long Series 390 channel balance. Would that work for you? I believe there will be enough play in the window to allow the extra 1/8". I will email you a special order link for 8 of these right now.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.