Help!

A home owner from Albuquerque, NM says:

Good afternoon sir/ma'am,

We recently bought an older home in Albuquerque, NM that was built in 1990. It will be some time before I have the money to replace the windows, and the channel balances and top sash cam guides (or caps) are mostly all broken. I can't tell who made the windows, there are no distinguishing markings or labels.

I've been through your website looking for sash guides and can't find one that looks like the one or two that aren't broken. I could really use some help identifying the right parts to buy.

I've enclosed some pictures of the sash guides and channel balances. And I'm available to talk or send more pictures if it would help.

There is one marking on the sash balance - it reads "28 1/4 3 c" but the overall length of the metal piece is 29 1/4" and the width is 1/2"

Thank you so much for any assistance you might be able to provide.

Respectfully,

Allan 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1262.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1263.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1267.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1268.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1269.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for contacting us. You have an old General Aluminum channel balance. We can replace it, but it will have to be a special order due to its special length. We'll be using our 19-002 top and 15-002 bottom nylon fittings, since I believe they match what you have now. We refer to this combination as our Series 351. Can you just tell me how many you need? Once I know that, I'll email you an order link and price quote for the requested quantity.

As for the top sash guide, see our 18-066. I think this would be a good match but see what you think.

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.