Help ID Channel Balance. Pictures Attached

A home owner from Miamisburg, OH says:

Original windows in house built in Ohio in 1983. Channel balance measures 28" long and 9\16 wide. The number is 2740Z.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3554.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3556.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3566.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3559.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3555.JPG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I'm confident we can replace this channel balance for you, but I believe it will have to be custom made due to its unique nylon fittings. I need to confirm the identity of these nylon fittings before proceeding. Can you tell me if the top nylon fitting matches our 19-037

Can you also tell me if the bottom nylon shoe is closer to our 15-005 or 15-029? The only difference between these two shoes is the 'depth' measurement, or the distance between the 'heel' and 'toe' of the shoe. The 15-005 has a depth of 1", while the 15-029 has a depth of 7/8". Finally, how many balances do you need? If we can identify both fittings, we can get this started for you. Thanks.

A home owner from Miamisburg, OH says:

It appears to me as though my top nylon fitting matches 19-037. As for the bottom shoe, please see photos. I will need four balances but first I need to know what they will cost. Also, we have not gotten any instructions for returning the balances you sent earlier.

Thanks

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3570.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3568.JPG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thansk for getting back to me. I have sent you an email with a custom link that contains a price quote for (4) of these balances 28" balances stamped 2740, with the 19-037 Top and 15-029 Bottom attached. In regards to returning the balances you first ordered, you can view our Return Policy here.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)