Help Identifying Parts for 24 Year Old Windows

A home owner from Union, KY says:
Hello - We have a 24 year old home with Simonton, Dimension I Windows. We have a number of broken coil balances and tilt latches that I need to replace. I'm sending pictures of the Coil Balances (originally located high in the window frame) as well as a replacement set that was done under warranty (notched out vinyl and placed midway in window frame). I've also attached pictures of the shoe and serial numbers. I was able to pull a broken piece of the coil out of the channel but it didn't have a number on it. The coil measures 1/2" wide.

I also need to replace a number of tilt latches and the #243 and #244 on your website look like a match (measurements and pictures) so I think I'm okay there.

Any help you can provide is much appreciated! Thanks!

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window_Coil_Balance_Replacement.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window_Coil_Balance_Original.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window_Shoe.JPG
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for your inquiry. Starting with your pivot shoe, have a look at our 15-191. This can be used with the Series 160 coil springs. Have a look and see if both of these pieces are correct. Your coil spring should have some sort of stamping or marking on it. If so, please provide that information. If there isn't a stamp, please get back to us with the exact weight of your sash. 

Hello - Thanks so much for the info.

I removed the lower half window and it weighs 18.2 pounds. I pulled out a number of broken coil pieces but I couldn't find a number. The original coils that are broken run the full height of the window from the top to bottom. I can't get to the coils in the replacement balance that's placed halfway/midway up.

Thanks for your help!
Profile picture of Casey

Thank you for providing the weight of the sash. Have a look at our S160-9 coil spring. This may be the replacement springs you need. You will just need to remove the existing ones out of the window to confirm this recommendation to be right. I have also placed a number of helpful media videos on this page for you to look over. These videos show how to remove your current hardware and replace it with ours parts. I encourage you to check it out. 

Profile picture of Casey

For one side of the window you should get the 15-191 pivot shoe, S160-9 coil spring, and 15-150S single support. Take another look at all the parts and let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. 

Thanks for your quick response - the videos are super helpful. To confirm, I would need to order one S160-90 coil spring and one 15-1505 single support for each side. Is that correct? (I want to make sure I don't need multiple coils or double/triple supports for each side). Those items plus a pivot shoe are what I will need for each side. Is that correct. Thanks again.
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.