Help Needed: Identify Window Controller Handle

A home owner from Connecticut says:
I have two vertical casement windows measuring 70-3/4" high x 26-1-2" wide.They flank an atrium door. One opens to the right, the other to the left. The operator handle has never been strong enough to open or close these windows without giving them a push, both from inside and out. The handles now do not work at all and I want to replace them. However, is it possible to get a proper size handle that will enable these windows to operate as intended. The information on the handle and inside the glass is Weathershield WS IGCC CBA 03. Really looking forward to your help. Thank you. Anne
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Casement_Window.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Controller_across_Base.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Controller_Handl.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Controller_Handle_OtherView.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. The crank handle is likely something like our 39-114L. However, if the window is failing to open its likely the operator it connects to--that base with the gears and the arms that push the window sash outward--are what need to be replaced. We can help but we need to see the entire assembly, including the link arms, to identify it for you.

A home owner from Connecticut says:
Hope these photos help. I watched the video to replace this part. I do not have a screw on the handle. How would I replace this model?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0671.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0673.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0676.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0679.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0680.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

It's possible this operator and handle is of an older design and no longer made. The 39-171 looks similar in configuration, but I highly advise you compare all the dimensions to confirm this. For a new crank handle that works with this handle set, see the 39-114L. You also may need to replace the bracket on the sill that the link arm connects to--see something like our 39-545 or 39-546, or perhaps the 39-524

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)