Help Requested-Window Crank Replacement

A home owner from Maryland says:

Hello, Would it be possible for you to help me identify a replacement window crank for one that is broken? Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Diana

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Crank 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Crank 2.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Diana. it looks like the spline on these nested handles is offset, so take a look at our 39-375 and 39-376 and see if these match what you need. Let me know what you think. However, if that spline is stripped the whole operator would need to be replaced. We can definitely help, but we need to see the entire mechanism including the link arms. Many thanks. 

A home owner from Maryland says:
Hello Bob,

Thanks so much for your reply. I'm not sure what a spline is so don't know if it is stripped, but I think it is not. I do know what is wrong. There is a screw or pin perhaps that goes into the end of the handle. It is the screw or pin that is the pivot point when you lift the handle so you can wind it.

I'm wondering if it might be possible for me to remove the entire handle assembly and send it to you. You could then take a look and hopefully match it up with the correct replacement. I could then purchase the replacement and you could send it to me with my broken handle (just in case we can't get a match).

Another option would be for me to purchase one each of the models you suggested and try to figure out which one is correct. I could then return the extra one.

Do you think either of these scenarios would work or do you have another suggestion?

I appreciate your willingness to work with me. I apologize for the slow response. As most homeowner's experience, fixing this is one of many things on that to do list!

Regards,
Diana
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Diana. I'm actually pretty confident our 39-375 is our best match for you (the 39-376 is the same design, but for a spline on the 'left' side of the operator base, whereas yours is on the right). You can also consider our 39-451, which is a different style. Both of these work for a spline that is 11/32" in diameter. I think either can work for you, but in the event they don't, see our Return Policy here.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.