Help choosing right channel balance

A quick learner from Oregon says:
Thank you for helping me choose the correct channel balance. Attached is a picture with measurements.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Can you recheck the depth of your bottom shoe? You say it's 1", which would correspond to our S380-27 channel balance, but it looks like it might be somewhat bigger. If it's 1-3/32", I would recommend our S385-27.

Furthermore, the spring weight you have (2640) is for sashes weighing 19 through 26 pounds, but you say yours weighs 15 pounds. If you can confirm, then consider our 2630 option for sashes weighing 13 through 19 pounds.
Thank you for your comments. You asked for further information. The picture shows measurements using a tape measure hoping you can identify the size with this visual. Also, the metal channel is 1/2" in width. Weighed the sash (window) twice and came up with 15 - 15.3 pounds.

Thank you for your expert help. Anxious to get parts to fix window.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. Based on this information, I recommend our S385-27. Your shoe is greater than 1". I also recommend the 2630 option. I wonder why the original builders chose the 2640, as it is far too strong. Did you ever find your windows hard to close before?
Thank you for your suggestion ... I'll go with what you think is best. And yes, the window was hard to pull down. As long as I'm getting both of the channels, they should work fine regardless if the size is off the original. Right? I'll be ordering soon.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Not necessarily. You do want to replace both channel balances regardless, but it is possible to have a balance that's too weak or too strong. You need an option that can cover your sash weight; no more, no less.
Just placed my order ... thank you so much for your help in determining just what I needed. I'm so excited to get the new parts and get my window back in working order!! Oh, and I'm glad that you corrected the balance size. I had put down 28" which was from end to end. But you realized that and chose the 27" for just the metal part. I double checked and it was exactly 27".
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great! Glad we were able to help. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. Paul and I are always happy to assist.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.