Help determining correct keyed lock to install

A home owner from Indiana says:

Hello,

I purchased the Stanley patio door - photos attached - and did not realize it was not keyed.

It locks from inside only.

I watched the video you have online for installing the keyed lock - "How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door" from May 18, 2015. Can you tell me if this is the key lock that will work with my door? It looks like it would work, but I am frustrated because I didn't realize the door wouldn't have a key and am working with a short time frame to get this resolved.

Thank you for advise on which key lock to purchase to install in the handle of my door.

Lisa

Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Lisa. There's a few different handle sets this door might use, as this hardware varies quite a bit even when one knows the brand or manufacturer. Can you show us a picture of the handle set on the door? From there, we'll do our best to quickly find a compatible lock for you if possible. Many thanks.

A home owner from Indiana says:
Here are photos of inside & exterior handles.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to me with the photos. So you have an outside pull with a raised center; note the punchout hole in that center. You can knock away that hole and install the 82-310 Key Lock. However, make sure that this punchout hole is aligned with the keyway in the door; if it isn't, you're going to have trouble making this work without repositioning the outside pull (which means screwing new mounting holes). 

If the keyway is by chance not aligned, consider instead buying a new outside pull, our 82-044. You can install the 82-315 Key Lock & Housing atop this pull from three different positions, which should guarantee you can use this setup without having to drill any new holes in the door itself. 

How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
VIDEO
WATCH >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.