Help finding a Milgard balance replacement - 26 9 AX CMC 1

A quick learner says:

Trying to replace a balance for a Milgard window that weighs around 32lbs. The current balancer (pic) shows 26 9 AX CMC 1, with the metal rod measuring at 27". Currently looking at this: https://www.swisco.com/27-inch/pd/Series-385-Channel-Balances/S385-27 (would it work?).

Not so sure about the sash weight as the window only weighs 32lbs but the 26 9 (which I'm assuming corresponds to 2690) suggests the current balancer can hold a lot more sash weight. Can I get by with just ordering the 2660 version? I'd like to keep the other balance that does work so will just replacing the broken one (on the left side of the window). Thanks!

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Most Milgard windows like yours will use S385-27 side load balances. The code "26 9" is for a sash weighing between 33 and 34 pounds, so you can use "2660," for a sash weighing between 30 and 33 pounds.

However, you don't want to swap out just one balance. The tension won't be even between the balances, which puts undue strain on the new balance. It's like a pair of shoes. You need both sides to be broken-in the same amount.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.