Help finding wool pile

A home owner from Blackwood says:
How do we get an exact measurement and how do we take the measurement? Do we measure how much space there is from the bottom of the plate up to where you fit the wool pile? Our door is about 12 years old.
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid I can't tell what wool pile you have based on these pictures. You need to measure the pile itself; specifically, the width of the base and height of the wool. Now, I believe you have a Silverline door, which has been known to use our 58-022, but this is no guarantee. The only way to know what you have is to measure an old sample.
A home owner from Blackwood Nj says:
In response . I can't measure the old wool pile Bc it is virtually gone . There is no sample to go by. What would be the alternative to being able to measure the area ? Would we need to remove the door to measure ?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
If that's the case, you would need to do your best to measure the space where the wool pile installed. There is no exact science to this, though, since wool pile was not meant to be matched up in this way. You will just have to measure as carefully as you can and use your best judgement.
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.