Help identify this. Part

A contractor from Colorado says:
This part is one of 2 on each of my sliding windows. They help to open and close window. We moved into our home 2 months ago and all of them replacing. I am needing 10 in all since 12 of my 17 have this feature. Thanks for your help. I was told my windows came from Pella .
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 8CC6FF5C-DF1A-4C80-8B5E-1571BBA7A0E8.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Many thanks for your correspondence. Hm, this looks like a hole for a weep hole cover to me. Weep holes really aren't involved in the operation of the window though; they're small vents in the frame meant to prevent water from seeping in. You can see our selection of weep hole covers here, although I often recommend the 26-186 since it fits a wide variety of weep holes; it simply needs new holes to be drilled to install. Let us know if you have any questions.

A home owner from Colorado says:
I have looked at videos and this is NOT a weep hole cover. This part is actually on the inside of the window and is what you place your fingers in to lift the window up to open or down to close. The one with the broken plastic bag a on the inside right - the left has been removed and cracked into many pieces when I tried to remove.

Thanks for your help
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Oooooh, I see. Thank you for clarifying!

We carry a couple different sash lifts, but none are going to fit in that hole. Consider our 26-116, which screws to the frame. This would probably cover the hole but fill the same role. We also have the 26-174. This also screws to the frame but will not cover the hole.

If you want to go this route, just make sure to be careful when you drill new holes. You have to be very careful not to hit the glass.

How to install a weep hole cover
How to install a weep hole cover
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Sash Lift Handle, 26-116
SWISCO Window Sash Lift Handle, 26-116
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.