Help identifying balance

A home owner from MD says:
I need to replace both balances on a window but can't find the number on your website. Both balances have the number 11600-17. The left balance has the code 10L 6-87 and the right balance is inscribed 10R 6-87. Can you help me determine which balances I need? Thank you!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Sure! Based on your stamps, I would recommend the 24-11R for the 104 6-87 and the 24-11L for the 10L 6-87.
A home owner from MD says:
Thank you so much for your help. I ordered the balance replacements you recommended, and with the guidance from the "Mike from Swisco" video, we were able to complete the installation. Our window works perfectly again :) We have two helpful hints to pass along, though. We found out that from the inside of the house, the balance marked L goes on the right, and vice-versa. This clarification might be in the instructions that came with the balances, but we were following the video instructions, so we learned it on our own. The other tip is to wipe the tracks of the jamb liners with a cloth sprayed with silicone spray. This made all the difference in our ability to get the jamb liner out and back in place. Thanks, again, for making this such a doable repair. We really didn't want to have to buy new windows yet and will certainly be ordering more balances from you as more strings break. We're also recommending you to our neighbors :)
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)