Help identifying which Channel balancer to order

A quick learner from Arroyo Grande, California says:
Hi - I believe I know what I need however I can't tell the difference between the 380 and 385 from your instructions ( your picture on the shoe depth is angled so it's hard to tell if this is an ID or an OD measurement. I've attached a picture and additional pictures for your advice.

These are for Milgard windows FYI. Attached is a picture of the stamp - I'm guessing it means I also need to order a 2040 from your catalog - please confirm. It's 21" long ( as measured by the metal length.

What I think I need is either the 380 or 385 - but measuring 1 3/32 is hard to see - so I added the pictures for you.

thanks for the assist.

Sebastian
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0384.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0386.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0388.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0390.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0391.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us, Sebastian. You definitely have either the Series 380 or Series 385. To my eye, the depth of your shoe looks to be 1", which would indicate the Series 380. However that is not always easy to tell from just a ruler. You will want to triple check that just to be 100% sure.

A quick learner from Arroyo Grande, California says:
Hi Tom - thank you so much - I think you're right but the image in your instructions is not quite clear enough where to make the measurement, and 3/32 of an inch are a bit hard to discern without a micrometer ( which I don't have handy).

So I'm adding two more images marked up just to confirm for sure if it is the 380. Thanks for the assist. Oh and PS, is it the 2040 I have to order?

thanks!
Sebastian
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImagembpEx2.gif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0389.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Sebastian. You want to measure the overall depth of the shoe, not just to the top part of the wing. If the overall depth, wings and all, is 1-3/32", then you want the Series 385.

Like you said, though, 3/32" is a slight measurement and it's not easy to glean from a ruler. If you think it's tough on your end, it's even tougher with just a photo. At the end of the day you just have to measure it as carefully as you can and use your best judgement.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.