Balance is 25-5/8" long

A friend from Kamuela HI says:
For Milgard 60" H X 36" W aluminum windows, I need 6 replacement Balancers. The stamp info says 25 3 B.S.I. PK.
The window weighs 14 pounds. The shoe and top attached are winged and the shoe is 1" and looks likes 15-005 and the top looks like the 19-005

The confusing part for me is that the balancer metal length is 25 5/8", which is not listed so I do not know if I need or a 26" #2520 or 25" #2420 balancers
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
That is a peculiar balance length. Are you absolutely positive you have the 15-005? I suspect it may be something different. Let me guess: is the wheel for the pulley system inside of the shoe, rather than the metal channel?

If so, I'd like to see a few pictures of your hardware. Make sure we can clearly see the top and bottom nylon attachments and the metal clip at the end of the pulley cord. If you have what I think you may have, your balance will have to be specially made.
You asked, "Let me guess: is the wheel for the pulley system inside of the shoe, rather than the metal channel?" YES

I will remove another window this weekend to see if all are the same. This one was uninstalled and partner was missing.

Will get back to you with pictures.
Thanks

David
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Aha! Just as I thought. Let me know at your earliest convenience, David. I am confident we can get to the bottom of this.
Hi Tom

Checked another window with same results. Sending two sets of pictures. See if you can special order 6 balancer units for me. I will send Credit Card info.

Exact length of the metal is 25 19/32" i/2" channel inside and roller in the end shoe.

Is it possible to substitute another stock size such as 25" or 26"?

Our shop volunteers claim they are burning up in the building with all this Global Warming. ;o)
Thanks and Aloha,

David
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Fantastic, that is everything we need to get going on this. I will email you a custom balance ordering link shortly!
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.