Help installing 39-371?

A home owner from Penn Yan, NY says:

I need to replace the hinge shoe on my Pella casement window and have ordered and received your part number 39-371 with the correct hinge shoe.

I wondered if you have any advice / instructions about installing the new shoe in the hinge bracket? The old one had a crack and fell out of the roller shoe when the window was removed to replace the broken glass. I don't want to crack the new one putting it into the bracket.

Also, I wondered if it is possible to install it by sliding the lower hinge out of the track slot while the window remains in place rather than having to take the entire sash out again?

Thanks for your help

Ira 

Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Ira.

Thank you for your order! I'm afraid we don't have an instruction sheet on how to replace this shoe. However, one of our experts in a previous discussion offered the following advice:

To install the 39-371 Pella Hinge Shoe onto the hinge itself, first remove the broken hinge from the bracket in which it is snapped. Then it's simply a matter of snapping the new 39-371 shoe in its place. Just make sure that the divots in the shoes fit into the bracket so that its facing the right direction. It will, of course, be best if you remove your hinge fully from the window before trying to replace the shoe.
A home owner from Penn Yan, NY says:
Emily:

Thanks for the advice to remove the bracket from the window to install the hinge slider. I was able to do that with the window remaining in the frame and it was much easier than taking the entire sash out of the frame. As it is a large window (18 x 60"), and on the second floor of the building, we did clamp a long pole to the sash frame to act as a leg to help keep it stable while the lower hinge bracket was not in place. In any event, the whole process took us about 15 minutes and the window works perfectly now.
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

That's great to hear! I'm glad everything went smoothly. If you have any future hardware questions, you know where to find us! 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.