Help installing 40-014 flush

A handy person from ma says:
How do I install the flush plate without breaking it? I am looking on your site and do not see how to do it?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

The first step is to install the bracket plate in the door, just like how we show in the image below. 

Step 1: install the 40-014 bracket
Step 1: install the 40-014 bracket

With the bracket plate installed in the door, install the bolt into the bottom hole in the bracket. With the lower part of the bolt in the bracket you would then push the top of the bolt in to the top hole. It will give you some resistance, but you just have to firmly push it in. 

Step 2: install the 40-014 bolt.
Step 2: install the 40-014 bolt.

Take note that once the bolt is installed, it is not made to be removed. You'd have to break it to get it out. That's why you're getting so much resistance.

A handy person from ma says:
I can't seem to get the bracket plate in without breaking the tabs. Do you have any suggestions to get the plate in and flush?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

There really is no trick to it, unfortunately. You just snap it in place with your thumb. In my experience you do have to be firm with it, since they don't make it easy, but I've never felt like it was ever in risk of breaking. Are you sure this is the right part for the door?

How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.