Help installing frameless shower door sweep

A home owner from MArblehead, MA says:
I purchased a frameless shower door seal/sweep with drip from you. I was easily able to remove the one but am having difficulty sliding on the new one. It is the correct width, but once I slide it with growing difficulty to the half way point, the resistance is so great that I am reluctant to push harder or to force it. Do you have any hints for me? I would appreciate your assistance
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
You should push it on, not slide it on. The idea of these sweeps is to be a little tight, so that it does not come off when you use the shower door. Make sure the glass at the bottom of the door is clean and there is no residue to impede the installation. You could use a little lubricant like a silicone spray, but just a little.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.