Help to ID Balance

A quick learner from Maryland says:
Hello!
When you have a minute please help me to ID this type of balance. I'm interested in any info you might be able to give - it doesn't look like any balance I'm familiar with. Looks like an aluminum cover, the sash is wood, and the owner says the windows are about 10 years old. Double hung, non-tilt. I'm interested in how to take this window apart to replace the balances. Also any general info on manufacturer etc. would also be awesome.
Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190310_141245.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Many thanks for writing in. These wood sashes uses vinyl sash jamb liners. You need to tilt in the sashes and remove them from the jamb liners. Now you can remove the jamb liners from the window frame. Laying down the jamb liners you can slide out the ribbed balance from the jamb liner and show us. We will need to see the locking shoe connected to the cord, the length of the metal channel balance and the spring weight stamped on the channel.

A quick learner from Maryland says:
Thank you for the quick reply Paul! How to I tilt in the sash? These are non-tilt windows. Do you have a Swisco video? Can you recommend a YouTube video? Thanks again!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Ah, thanks for the clarification. It has been a long time since I worked on this type of wood sash! Try one of these methods. Bring the bottom sash up about 6-8" and try to pull the top of the sash towards you from the jamb liner. If that doesn't work, with one hand on the top and bottom sash push the sash to one side and see if you can swing out the other side of the sash from the jamb liner. Let us know of your progress.

How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.