Help with Drawer Guides

A quick learner from Mooresville, In says:

I received a dresser, dresser chest, 2 nightstands on Nov 3, 2022 with defected side guides. All the drawers on all 4 pieces are done this way. Have never seen this before. The drawers sit on screws that are of course rubbing the bottom and making a sawing sound which interferes with opening & closing the drawers. Therefore, not useable. 

As you know, usually guides are tacked with solid smooth top. The comp I ordered this from has been unworkable with one delay after another after asking for refund and to return. They are out in NY. The order was through the internet. Did order yr prior with other seller and all went very well with that bed set. So, didn't think would be an issue. But, here I am. 

To go to small claims means to travel out there for court hearing and if I win & they still don't pay refund I have to now try to collect. So, I found you & am reaching out to you if I can just remove these & put on proper side guides. Or would this put the drawers out of balance? Is it not an easy fix? Is the set "A Lemon"? Would appreciate any help on this matter if possible. 

Thks & hope to hear from you real soon. Cynthia 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230227_093624.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. It's odd that a screw-on guide would cause that kind of damage, they usually work fairly well as long as the screws are flush with the guide. I'm not sure what would be causing this issue. 

Either way, we sell two tack guides that should work for you: our 32-083 and 32-117. As long as you can position these around the existing screw holes then I think they will be a better alternative.

How to replace a drawer tack glide
How to replace a drawer tack glide
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.